Sunday, December 8, 2013

Nerd Builds: Kirkland Christmas Tree

Ok, ok so this isn't a Gundam, but I still built it. Mrs. Nerd and I had agreed that Saturday would be our Christmas decorating day, but she had work. I knew she'd be exhausted after working on a Saturday, so I wanted to surprise her. I got home from early morning worship and I decided to assemble the tree. It comes in three pieces and already has lights wrapped around it…the latest in Christmas celebration technology.



There she is the Kirkland Christmas tree. The kitties were so curious, as they are even though they saw it last year too.
The space that I cleared in the corner for the tree
The lowest part of the tree. Make sure you line up the electrical cords to connect each layer for the lights. 

Finally assembled!
I was tripping out when I saw this picture…apparently Google has some cool picture effects.
 We also started a family tradition last year for ornaments. We decided to buy one Hallmark Keepsake ornament each a year, so hopefully, by the time we've had the tree for awhile and maybe have children, we could have a tree filled with cool ornaments! Here are the ones we got this year!

Spiderman for me. Press the button and the theme song plays!
Charlene thought the Grinch with little Suzy Who asking him why he's taking all the presents was cute.
And for our dear sister who is away in NYC, Finn and Jake from Adventure Time!
And voila! Mrs. Nerd is happy!
This build was totally worth it. Some men would call this being whipped perhaps. I call this marriage homeys. There is a wise proverb that says, "happy wife, happy life", which is definitely true. And what's more important about Christmas than blessing and loving others? Small acts of kindness is they way to spread the love and hope of the birth of Christ. Besides, look at that tree. Awesome nerd ornaments and a beautiful tree.

So final verdict for this build? Highly recommended! This tree took so little effort and the return and satisfaction of a happy wife were totally worth it!

Until next build nerds, blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comics

Gundam