Monday, January 20, 2014

Nerd Builds: MG Sword Impulse Gundam

Happy Martin Luther King Day Nerds! Let's remember the importance of civil rights and fighting with love for the cause of social justice became something we Americans can appreciate thanks to this man. Today's Nerd Build features only my second master grade build, and my new favorite looking Gundam. This master grade Sword Impulse Gundam from the Gundam Seed Destiny series is an absolute gangster (Even if the main character who pilots it is the most detestable Gundam pilot ever)! The colors are so vivid, and the sword silhouette flyer is awesome. Anyways, let the pictures speak for themselves…and the captions also.

The box art which is actually cooler than the angle of the picture that I took of it.



The manual
Starting with the torso.





You gotta love how the red and yellow just pop.
The head



The head and torso complete.
Beginning the arms





Shoulders

Normally, this would be the end of the upper body but first...
…the hips


And one of the other cool parts on this build is the core splendor.


After it's been completed...
…it transforms...
…into the back and cockpit of the Sword Impulse Gundam!
Upper body complete!
Legs.

The inner frame of the legs are quite intricate.



Mech almost complete.
Feet



Better to be standing than laying down.
The sword silhouette.




Giant swords x2 which is the another reason why this master grade is sick!

Sword silhouette flyer complete!
Still missing accoutrements.
Shield




Shield and rifle. And now it's complete!
So sick.
Profile
And a fine addition to the collection!
This is one of the finest master grades I have had the pleasure to build. Granted it's only my second, but compared to my first MG build, it is leagues better in terms of build quality and accessories. The individual pieces: leg, chest, sword, and core splendors transform into their own separate "flyer" modes a-la the show, and the swords and boomerangs come with plenty of effect parts. I haven't put the decals on yet, but I am sure that they would help make the Gundam look that much more real. This is also one of the easiest and quickest MG builds I have had. All in all, I would say that this whole building experience was a 10 out of 10. And just look at it. It is straight gangster right?

Highly recommended (and I know that all of my builds are highly recommended, but I guess I only build the ones I like and would recommend to others)!

Blessings and enjoy your MLK Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comics

Gundam