Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My 33rd Birthday Vacation

Hey everyone thanks for tuning back in. Took me awhile to post about this, and it took me awhile to post in general. I've just been so busy with school, church, work, and also just figuring myself out. All that to say, I sorely needed a break. Luckily, for my birthday we were finally able to get out of town to 1) celebrate and 2) really reset my brain and my heart. So Charlene and I decided to getaway in San Diego! Shoutout to +DoubleTree by Hilton in Del Mar for making our vacation super relaxing. Their rooms are super comfy and we took full advantage of their resort style pool area~! Anyways here are some pics:

We went to a hideaway breakfast joint called Stratford Court Cafe in Del Mar.
Super hideaway with the bamboo surrounding it, barely noticeable from the street.
Walking distance from the beach and that's what we did!
blocked by the railroad, but still beautiful!
A legitimate reason for a selfie. 
We went to Ruth's Chris Steak House for birthday dinner. Hands down the best steak we've had.
I am not a food photographer...who am I kidding, I'm not good at taking pics period.
The sun shining on my face is from the second story view of SD harbor which we hit right at sunset.
No caption needed.
Au gratin potatoes were good...
...and so was the creamed spinach...
...but this lobster mac and cheese...was brilliant~!
For some reason everyone thought it was Charlene's birthday!
Dave and Buster's  after dinner.
Charlene got the jackpot after one try...
San Diego Zoo Safari Park! The balloon takes you up in the air so you can see the whole park!
I'm not even going to pretend I know what all these animals are. Pictures taken from tram.

We, only this once, will claim the title of "cutest couple". Everyone on staff kept complimenting us on our shirts. Charlene had a "Doctor Pooh" shirt on.
It was hot. Even this cheetah will attest...
...and these gazelles.

It was beautiful! Just like I would have imagined the african continent...if it were in San Diego.
Happy wife = happy life
Like a painted picture
Photos don't do justice what God has provided for the eyes to see.
Giraffes!
Animals living in harmony...but not so much like the Lion King. No lions....I wonder why
Charlene had to go to the petting "zoo". I say "zoo" because it was just goats lol.
If you've never had a getaway in San Diego you should take one! I left the +Yelp links for each place pictured and mentioned. But it was great to get out of town. My professor in my Biblical Leadership and Management class told us that it's important to rest and that rest is threefold:
  1. Active Rest: going out being with people, working out, having fun.
  2. Passive Rest: vegging out, sleeping, watching tv, playing video games
  3. Reflective Rest: processing things that have happened to you, talking things out, resolving how to proceed.

Depending on who you are, you can be sure that we all neglect at least one of these types of rest. We need all 3 to function to our full potentials. I was sorely lacking reflective rest. A chance to just think back and reconcile happenings in my life and things learned about myself was what I really needed. Praise God that he provided me that, and also that Charlene was there to keep me from sinking too low. There would be times I would just float in the pool at the hotel and think. Just what the Doctor of our souls ordered. It even convinced me that I need more active rest in the form of swimming! I realized how much rest I get when I'm in the water chasing the black line on the bottom of the pool. It's peaceful, I'm floating, and it gives me a chance to think.  Thankful to the Lord for vacation.

Also look what I got for my birthday!

I was sorely in need of a new something to take to class and do work on.
With the protective case before I put any decals on to swag out.
Will it all just be school/church work? lol not likely.

I thank the Lord for all of his provisions. Anyways, how do you rest? Do you feel like you may be lacking in one category of rest? Well then get some! Sometimes it's really that simple. Prioritize your health!

Blessings~!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comics

Gundam