Friday, June 5, 2015

Getaway to Oakland!

It was a long awaited vacation with me being out of school for the summer and my work schedule syncing up with Charlene's. Put that together with a visit to my bro in law who was leaving to China for a month long work trip, and it turned out to be a much appreciated getaway!

We stopped by my cousin's in Valencia for lunch (and for this selfie).
I tried to get a picture of this turtle but it was faster than the story claims. 
My cousin Borah serving us at her sushi restaurant. 
Brother and sister: must it always be so awkward? lol
Many many many miles of driving later, which had no reasons for taking a single picture, we arrived in Oakland where my brother-in-law lives.

We thought this meant parking would be free the whole time...we had a parking ticket the next morning

Walking to dinner and Oakland was beautiful! 
Any rib house with MC Hammer as the spokesperson is my rib house
YUP.
Oakland looks like a European city with the statues and parks in the urban cityscape.
Beautiful day driving towards Golden Gate Park. 
Da beach.
Golden Gate Park, ducks, chorizo burrito. You do the math.
Walking towards the Golden Gate Bridge
Brother and sister :)
Husband and Wife. Golden Gate Bridge. 
"Welcome to the Rock." 
The bay was so nice.

We walked right into Marin County!
We stopped by the ferry pier shops to snack and I took this selfie not knowing it would look so... i darn
We had dinner with one of Charlene and my brother-and-law's long lost family friend. It was nice to finally hear more about my wife from someone who knew her way back when. Not sure why I didn't get any pictures.
Our last morning walking through Oakland on the way to brunch. 
If you're ever in Oakland, stop by the Chinatown and go to Tao Yuen Pastry...
...this is what you'll get and more.
Brother! 
nyam nyam
We left Oakland and started our trek back home after a very nice getaway. Thanks to my bro-in-law Jim who is in China right now with a fat stack of comics we got for his trip. I hope you're reading! LOL. We love you bro thanks for the hospitality.
Best roadside organic apricots EVER.
Precious times with precious people. Need some? Make some.

Blessings~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comics

Gundam