Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

So today is Halloween and unfortunately, I have had more than my fair share of Halloween fun through the years. My church doesn't even like to call today Halloween. They hold alternate activities at the church and call it "Holy Winning Day". Sounds like Charlie Sheen became a Christian. Besides, the kids still dress up and get candy from church while playing different games. Any other form of nomenclature would suffice, even something as simple as "Holyween" but I digress.



Today I was at the my local comic book store to pick up my weekly pull and I noticed these:


Special Halloween edition comics for free! So I picked up a bunch, as I do when ever the comic store has free promos, for my neighbor's kids. She's usually home all day taking care of the youngest while the three older kids are in school. Once the kids get home…all manners of the underworld breaks loose. Undoubtedly, the kids will get their fair share of candy tonight and they will alternate from bouncing off the walls to belly aches. So hopefully the Halloween comics will be a nice change of pace, keeping the kids healthy while promoting literacy in comic book form. 

I also hope that as the years go by the family will know that my heart for them comes from the Lord, who besides loving Him with everything we have, mentioned loving our neighbors as ourselves as His second most important commandment. For now, I am content if another generation of children learn to love comic books and become the future generation of nerds because a long time ago the old guy who lived next door gave them comic books every once in awhile :)

Happy holy winning day Halloween! Be safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comics

Gundam