Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My first Gunpla party!

So a month ago, I was at church just hanging out and observing everyone during their free time. I noticed that only the people who play sports or play an instrument had anything to do. They were bonding with other people with common interests. But the people who weren't into sports or music were just kinda sitting around doing their own thing, bored. What a perfect opportunity for the Nerd of Nazareth! I pulled together some of the guys and asked them if they wanted to have a Gundam building party at my place and they all agreed it would be a great idea! So this past Saturday, that is just what we did!


This was for Charlene and I...
Then Brian showed up with his haul.
It was a SD and Zaku day for Brian.
Joseph, Peter, and Alex working hard.
Alex working on his second Gundam: HG Gundam Exia Repair II
Head and chest
It took 8 hours (distractions included) but he finally finished it!
Joseph put his efforts into his PG Strike Gundam.
He worked forever and all he got done was the cockpit :(
Charlene however was very successful making a HG Lagowe!
A head
A head and a torso
And 4 hours later a finished Lagowe! She had the build of the night. Looking great!
Peter just picked up the MG Strike Rouge Ootori
head and torso
By the end of the night he completed the whole upper body. Good work for a day on a MG!
And finally my Mega Size Gundam AGE 2 Normal. Got the whole lower body done, and would've finished it all...
…if not for the missing runner that I found out about mid build. 
Thanks for everyone who participated! It was a great day of trying new things, working together, and encouraging one another to finish the job. Next time you need an alternative bonding activity day, I wholeheartedly recommend a Gunpla party! Praise God for fellowship!

1 comment:

  1. It was a really fun day! :) I'm glad I got to build a Gundam with you and the boys. And I like my Lagowe a lot. After the panel lining and the matte finish, it looks pretty cool………….hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Comics

Gundam