Friday, November 8, 2013

My Comic Book of the Week for 11/06/13

Today I'd like to introduce another corner to the blog: My Comic Book of the Week! This corner will showcase comics (most likely a Marvel Comic since I don't read much of the other publishers) that are exciting to me and ones I would like to recommend to you.

This week's comic is The Amazing X-Men #1! I know, I know there a ton of X-Men books and part of being a Marvel Comics lover is that each year you either feel like you buy too many X-Men comics or too many Avengers comics. But this one is for a very particular reason: The return of everyone's favorite elf, Nightcrawler! 



I've always been a big fan of Nightcrawler (real name Kurt Wagner) because his teleportation ability is awesome and paired with his vocational training as a circus acrobat makes him into the perfect evil fighting adventurer. Unfortunately his mutant abilities also comes with his dark elf like appearance. As a young man growing up in Germany, he was shunned by everyone in town except for the monks at the monastery. Kurt eventually decides to have faith in God for his lot in life and also becomes a monk before eventually becoming an X-Man. His deep faith is also a reason why he is one of my favorites. Unfortunately, Nightcrawler died in the Second Coming arc. But Marvel is smart enough not to let a popular hero stay dead too long! After reading the first issue I am excited to see what new adventures he and the X-Men will get into. As for the quality of the comic, veteran X-universe scribe Jason Aaron is at the helm so it promises to be a great read. Pick it up at you comic book retailer today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comics

Gundam